The Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto
Rest, relaxation and romance
The anticipation leading up to our stay at Trump Toronto was high. Especially once I received an email from our “Attaché Agent” Shannon a few days before our arrival. I didn’t know WHAT to expect next but I was grinning from ear to ear in excitement.
Oooh what’s an Attaché Agent you ask?
Well that’s “fancy” talk for a concierge that will basically handle any reservations, arrange transportation etc. They are available to help you with anything you may need during your stay even workout clothes for the gym should you forget.
Fancy being the best word.
Top notch personalized service doesn’t stop with your Attaché Agent.
Meet someone in the hotel once and they address you by name for the rest of your stay. We even received personalized notes in our room. Just goes to show that you don’t have to be a VIP to get the VIP treatment at Trump Toronto.
Cherry Blossoms, Diamonds and Caviar
The lobby is stunning.
Black “caviar” granite floors with “diamond” Swarovski crystal chandeliers and cherry blossoms motifs on the walls and the ceilings.
Cherry blossoms are a major artistic theme throughout the entire hotel and oh so fitting this is.
It is said that cherry blossoms are a symbol of love and joy. They bloom for such a short period of time and you should treasure that moment while they are in bloom — Such a beautiful sentiment and a perfect theme for our romantic staycation! wink
Our Sweet Suite at Trump Toronto
Measuring about 750 sq. feet our deluxe king one bedroom suite had the ultimate of luxury with technology galore including multiple flat screen TVs, automatic light system complete with controls for the curtains, fireplace and air conditioning, heated tiles in the bathroom floor and even a TV in the mirror of the bathroom.
We were booked in a Deluxe King Suite that included the following:
- Complimentary WiFi and Local Calls
- Spacious living room area with fireplace, powder room and sofa bed
- European style wet bar with Nespresso coffee machine, complimentary coffee/tea and bottled water
- 2 LCD Flat-Screen HDTVs
- iPod/iPhone/iPad sound system
- Laptop-compatible in-room safe
- Extensive Pillow Menu Options
- Italian Bellino Linen
- Bedside touch panel control for lighting and curtains
- Deep soaking tub and separate shower with rainfall showerhead
- The Spa at Trump® amenities
- In-mirror bathroom TV
- Complimentary shoeshine
- Turndown service
I have to say that the bed in our room was the softest most comfortable bed that I’ve probably ever slept in. It was like sleeping on a fluffy white marshmallow! You literally sink right into it.
Oh and note the artwork above the bed… more cherry blossoms
With Italian Bellino fine linens, and an assortment of pillows to choose from I had the best sleep. I honestly slept for 10+ hours but not to worry check out isn’t until noon so take your time and enjoy it!
Not only did we have an amazing nights stay at Trump Toronto but we had an amazing meal too at America Restaurant.
Read the article Dining at America Restaurant
If you’ve made plans to dine elsewhere I do encourage you to make a stop at America Restaurant for drinks and dessert because the view of the city from the 31st floor is gorgeous. If heights aren’t your thing there is also the Calvin Bar located on the ground floor next to the lobby. Small and intimate…
I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you what I didn’t like about our stay at Trump Toronto. To be totally honest these things are very minor and could have been rectified in a heartbeat with 1 simple phone call but I’m not one to cause a fuss and buzz the front desk and prefer to be self-sufficient and alone.
- We were only provided with 2 coffee cups and 2 espresso cups which means that if you have tea at night before you go to bed, you have to rinse/reuse your cup in the morning for coffee.
- Bottled water is complimentary but only 1 bottle each is provided at night with turn down service. If you would like bottled water in the afternoon/morning, you need to ask for more.
- There wasn’t a garbage can in the bar.
- I wish that we were provided with a few small plates as we only had one for our fruit bowl.
- I was a little disappointed that given the amount of technology in the room that the kettle was a plain ordinary plug-in Sunbeam kettle. I would have expected a hot water tap or something fancier.
Rest, relaxation and romance = mission accomplished
Our romantic staycation at Trump Toronto is like the cherry blossom. It only blooms for short period once a year but the luxurious scent, beauty and memory of the flowers lasts throughout the year until they bloom again the following year…
If you are looking to plan your own Romantic Couples Staycation, Trump Toronto has a great “Urban Romance” Package available online that includes a one night stay, in-room bottle of champagne or wine, continental breakfast in bed (or at America Restaurant), one dozen roses, chocolate truffles, $200 Purebeauty Salon & Spa credit and best of all 2 pm late check-out.
Click the link to read Pure Beauty Salon and Spa Review.
Click the link to read reviews of Trump Toronto on Trip Advisor
Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
325 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario M5H 4G3
The elephant in the room: let’s be honest, there is a lot of heated press surrounding “The Donald” and the presidential race south of the border. That said, this review is solely about the Canadian franchise – a vibrant and important part of Toronto’s tourist economy.
Travel Assistance provided by Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto.This had no bearing on my review. As always, all my opinions are my own.