A shawl is one of those multipurpose items that should be packed in your carry-on bag on every trip both near and far.
I actually like to carry a couple:
- A thicker shawl that can double as a scarf / sweater if I get really cold.
- I also bring a cheap, thinner cotton one that I can wash in the hotel sink and hang to dry
Here are my 10+ Reasons Why you Should Travel with a Shawl
- A shawl keeps you warm when you are in the plane, train or car
- A shawl can cover your shoulders / head / legs in places of worship
- A shawl can be used as a beach blanket
- A shawl can be used as a towel
- A shawl can be used as a swim suit cover-up or robe
- A shawl can be used as a table-cloth for a spur of the moment picnic
- The ends can be tied together to make an improvised bag
- You can use a shawl as a privacy curtain in a hostel or to block the sun from your eyes if you want to sleep in the car
- A shawl can dress up an outfit in the evening
- You can use a shawl to wrap a not so clean pillow and protect your head
- A shawl can be used as a lumbar support
- In the case of injury, you can use the shawl as a sling
These are just a few ideas. I’m sure there are many more…So, what do you use your shawl for?
Related articles you may find helpful:
– Review: Go2 Travel Towel – A Travel-Friendly Towel
– Some Don’t like it Hot – Cooling Towel Review
– Travel Tip #7: Carry a Travel First Aid Kit
– Pack This! Eating and Drinking on the Road
– Review: TravelPro MaxLite 5 Rolling Under Seat Carry On