Do you ever buy something online because it’s a great deal and it seems like a practical item to have but don’t think much about it?
Well, that’s what happened when I purchased my Gonex Ultra Lightweight Packable Hiking Daypack from Amazon.
I had some money to use up from an Amazon gift certificate, and I thought I would use it on a few Christmas Gifts. What’s more practical than an ultralight packable daypack when it comes to gift-giving, right?
I thought you couldn’t go wrong with a packable backpack for people who travel or just when you need a lightweight backpack for around town when you need to carry a few things and wish to stay hands-free. I went to Amazon and started looking at a few hiking daypack reviews and found this lightweight travel daypack based on the fabulous Gonex Reviews.
Ever since I’ve had my Gonex bag, this lightweight daypack gets thrown in my suitcase on every trip. It’s perfect to hold a guidebook, a sweater, umbrella, water, sunscreen and snacks. I’ve even used it in a pinch as my extra bag in lieu of a purse when flying carry-on only.
Tip: I purchased the Gonex 20L but there also is a Gonex 30L should you want something larger for travel.
I also keep this lightweight, Gonex 20L packable backpack out when I’m home because I can pop it in my purse if I plan on going shopping at a mall or for a trip to the library. Since the Gonex daypack has a zipper and shoulder straps, I find it more secure and convenient than using a reusable shopping bag especially if I’m taking public transportation.
Gonex Ultralight Handy Travel Backpack Hiking Daypack Review
- Size unfolded: 44 x 30 x 15 cm
- Folds into one of its pockets into a compact size. 16 x 16 cm
- Lightweight 185g
- 2 outside mesh pockets on the sides for a water bottle, umbrella etc.
- Capacity: 20L
- 8 colours available
- Outside zippered pocket
- Zipper tabs to attach a lock or just to grab onto when opening the zipper
- Rip-stop nylon
- Affordably priced
Gonex Packable Backpack Con
- The Gonex packable daypack doesn’t hold a ton of stuff without weighing and pulling down on the shoulders. I know I mention the Gonex 30L lightweight packable backpack earlier but before purchasing something this large you really need to think about what you are carrying in it.
- No padding on the shoulder straps.
- Just be warned, the Gonex foldable backpack is not super strong and should not be used to carry really heavy items for an extended period of time.
- The foldable backpack is not waterproof – it’s water-resistant but the seams are not tape-sealed and the zipper is regular fabric
TIP: When shopping for a packable backpack think about when you will use it and what you plan on carrying in it. Buying something too large for your needs will make it cumbersome to carry and pack. Also, I find the bigger the bag the more I’ll put inside it – making it a very heavy load on your back and on the strength of the fabric.