I always pack baby wipes when travelling …they are useful for a multitude of things not involving babies (or in my case useful for BIG babies).
I use Cottonelle Flushable Clean Cloths but there are many brands on the market. One thing though, be a nice traveller and double-check that the brand of baby wipes you are using are indeed flushable and that the plumbing can handle them before you…well um…flush.
My 10 Favourite Uses for Baby Wipes When Travelling
- Obvious uses like sticky fingers. Bonus if you got your fingers sticky eating BBQ ribs on a picnic.
- Did you miss the Calculated Traveller tip about bleach wipes? Baby wipes are better than nothing…
- No soap in the rest room and you forgot/ran out of hand sanitizer? Baby wipes to the rescue…
- Perfect to wipe your hands on after you’ve put on another layer of sunscreen. I hate that sticky feeling. Also work well to remove sand from feet.
- Have you been hit with a gastrointestinal bug? Use the baby wipes for what they were originally intended.
- Wiping down the toilet seat in public places. (see #5 above)
- Freshening up after a long flight.
- Keep your wipes in the fridge/cooler bag and they are perfect for a refreshing cool down after a hot day. I did this in Ephesus when it was a billion degrees.
- Use them when there is no shower available when camping or beaching. Bonus points if you did #8 and put them in your cooler first.
- They double as make up remover if you are trying to pack light.
Another point, I normally like to be environmental and I’m sure you do too. I find those hard plastic cases that you can refill to be an annoyance as they aren’t compact, are heavier than the resealable packs and they don’t stay sealed and the baby wipes dry up. I like to buy a larger tub of wipes and put some in a resealable zip lock bag….