It’s just after 9:30 pm and I can hear fireworks exploding nearby. I’m sitting on my comfortable bed inside my suite at the Hilton Anaheim Hotel in Anaheim, California, writing. The fireworks sound like they are right outside.
I rush to the window and throw open the curtains in the hopes of seeing a kaleidoscope of bright colours illuminating the night sky. Sadly, all I see is darkness. I can hear the fireworks display coming from nearby Disneyland, but I can’t see them from my side of the building. I tell myself, it’s for the best because I have so much work to do. I close the curtains and continue to write.
TIP: If you do want to watch the fireworks from your room, you need to stay in a Disney® View room. Located on the top 3 floors of the hotel, these specially allocated Disneyland resort facing rooms have floor to ceiling windows.
After the fireworks come to a halt, the room is remarkably quiet and full of silence, a rare occurrence in a hotel of this size. Even the bar fridge is whisper-quiet, and I wonder if it’s working. A quiet room is a significant plus for me and my tired body because when I’m travelling, sleep can be difficult.
I’m staying at the Hilton Anaheim for a travel conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. I’m sure anyone who travels for business will surely agree on certain qualities that can make a good hotel great when on the road.
- A comfortable bed for a good night’s sleep
- A desk with good lighting
- An ergonomic desk chair
- A shower with good water pressure
- Access to a business centre for printing
Hilton Anaheim – What’s in the Surrounding Area
Located in Southern California, Anaheim is in Orange County, just outside of Los Angeles. And the Hilton Anaheim is centrally located in Orange County. With four major airports nearby, you won’t spend hours in a car or bus to get to the airport. Nearby airports include John Wayne Airport, Long Beach Airport, Ontario International Airport, and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Travel times range from approximately 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending on which airport you choose.
The Hilton Anaheim is also conveniently located close to many attractions and amenities, making the Hilton Anaheim a great place to stay, work, and play.
Looking to check out the beach? We got you covered!
How far is the Hilton Anaheim Hotel from Disneyland?
While in town, Disneyland Resort is a must-see. Within walking distance, this beloved theme park is literally across the street from the Hilton Anaheim. Great for the kids and the young at heart. Downtown Disney, located in the centre of the Disneyland Resort, offers a world of shopping, dining, and entertainment possibilities.
TIP: If you want an even shorter walk. Leave the Hilton Anaheim and walk 2 blocks to the “Toy Story Parking Lot” and take the free shuttle to Disneyland/Downtown Disney.
If you’re a Star Wars buff, you won’t want to miss Star Wars: Galaxies Edge while at Disney. This new themed area within Disneyland is where you’ll get to explore and live out your Star Wars Adventures. From interactive experiences to custom merchandise and galactic dining, Star Wars: Galaxies Edge is open for discovery.
Other notable places to visit in Anaheim include:
Knott’s Berry Farm
But before there was Disney, there was Knott’s Berry Farm. Located in the town of Buena Park (just 6 miles from Anaheim), Knott’s Berry Farm is California’s first theme park. From its humble beginnings as a berry farm, it has grown into a world-renowned entertainment destination. Complete with a theme park, waterpark, fun-filled attractions, and delicious eats, Knott’s Berry Farm is an interactive experience that’s enjoyable for everyone.
South Coast Plaza
Featuring 250 boutiques and 30 restaurants South Coast Plaza claims to be “the largest concentration of high fashion retailers in the world.” I spent a few hours shopping there and can attest to the quality of the restaurants and stores within the indoor mall.
Anaheim Packing District
If you love food and all things artisan, you’ll need to check out the revitalized Anaheim Packing District. Previously the home to various packing plants and facilities the area now features international cuisine, one-of-a-kind goods, and live entertainment all located within four historic buildings and park areas.
Looking to do it all? Check out the Anaheim GardenWalk. This expansive outdoor area, approximately 460,000 square feet, includes dining, entertainment and shopping options galore. It has nightclubs, top-notch retail stores, concerts, art, restaurants, and more.
What’s inside my room at the Hilton Anaheim California – Suite 5215
- Two very comfortable queen size beds
- Bar fridge, coffee maker, kettle (available by request)
- Flat-screen TV
- Desk with chair, adjustable lamp and digital plugs
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries
- Black-our curtains
- Adjustable thermostat
- Conveniently, located next to the Anaheim Convention Centre with direct access from inside the hotel
- A food court can be found on the ground floor with assorted restaurants as well as a convenience store, bar, restaurant, shopping, and Starbucks
- Walking distance to Disneyland as well as a hotel shuttle (fee)
- The outdoor pool is located on the 5th floor.
- The guest rooms, while well-furnished, are awkwardly arranged in a massive rectangle around the building with the elevator banks in the centre making it a challenge to find your suite. Additionally, if you happen to be in a suite near the corner of the building, you could be quite a distance away from the elevators. However, you can quickly rectify this problem by requesting a room near the elevators during check-in.
- My square cell phone adapter was not able to plug into the electrical outlets on the side of the lamp base. Better placement for the outlets would have been the trunk of the lamp or the top of the plate. And having my rectangular adapter would have been great too.
- There are not enough electrical wall plugs. I had to plug the iron into the bathroom wall socket.
- There are accessible electrical plugs on the desk, but they would short out whenever I turned the kettle on to boil water.
- A receiving fee is charged for each package shipped to the hotel.
TIP: Did you know that there is a risk to your digital safety if you use random USB charging outlets to charge your device? I highly suggest you bring a separate USB plug and cable or you should protect yourself with a USB data blocker.
Although there were issues with our room at the Hilton Anaheim California, they were minor. The convenience of the location to Disneyland, Downtown Disney, Disney California Adventure and the Anaheim Convention Center is what makes the Hilton Anaheim fabulous. I would stay at this hotel again if I were attending another conference.
777 W Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802, United States
For other Hilton Hotel Reviews:
– Homewood Suites by Hilton in Downtown Houston Texas
– Hilton Garden Inn in Hilton Head South Carolina
Travel assistance was provided by the US Travel Corporation while attending IPW Conference as Media.